Statement of Faith:
(based and quoted from the Greenhills Christian Fellowship Statement of Faith)
1. The Bible is the Word of God written without error and is our absolute guide for doctrinal teaching and godly living.
2. We worship and serve the One True God who revealed Himself in the Bible as three persons sharing one indivisible essence in the mystery of the trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is the unique person having two natures — the perfection of both God and Man. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life but suffered and died in the place of sinful man, was buried and resurrected, ascended bodily into Heaven, and is preparing to return bodily to earth a second time.
4. The Holy Spirit is God who is actively at work in the world. He dwells permanently in every Christian, helps us to pray, equips and empowers us to serve God, strengthens and molds us to be more like Christ, and protects us to guarantee our eternal life.
5. Angels are the innumerable and unseen creatures who serve the causes of God and His people. Satan and demons are fallen and doomed angels who, with the help of other evil spirits, promote wickedness and oppose God’s purposes.
6. Man is God’s creature who bears His image and was originally sinless but through the first man Adam, all mankind sinned, became separated from God, and totally unable to gain God’s favor of forgiveness and eternal life by self-effort.
7. Salvation is God’s act of forgiving sins, reconciling people to Himself, and giving eternal life to those who believe in Jesus. Salvation is not a reward for good works but a free gift of God received by faith in Jesus Christ alone.
8. The Church is the universal Body of Christ consisting of all born again Christians made one by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. To join a local church, a person must have undergone baptism by immersion, agree with the covenant of membership, partake of the symbols of Christ in Communion, and pledge to help fulfill the church’s mission to make disciples of all nations.
9. Jesus Christ will come again to reign on earth and to reward God’s people with life with Him forever in the new Heaven and Earth and to judge unbelievers with eternal separation from God and suffering in Hell.
10. Christians have a duty to honor and pray for those in government authority, to pay taxes, and to help promote the general welfare of society.
The mission and vision of a person defines who he/she really is. Rather than writing long and funny things about myself, I opted to lay on the table my personal mission and vision. Being a simple person, I am very tired of self-flattery and resolve to walk my talk to be an impact in my community. What are credentials when you do not use them to advance the kingdom of God and the interest of his saints, the people of God. As a GCFer, I am one spirit with my fellow churchmen as we…
Know Christ and Make Him Known!
I can best be described as Christian, Reformed and Evangelical but nothing can supersede all descriptions than being a Christian, a follower of Christ, co-heir in Christ and one of his ambassadors. Being a follower of Christ, the Bible is my sole authority in living and serving the ministries of God, personally and collectively. I live in view of His sovereignty by which Grace is exhibited through my life and testimony. Being a Reformed brother, I subscribe to the…
T | U | L | I | P
or the Five Points of Calvinism. Contrary to the popular notion, the Five Points were never written by John Calvin himself but by his contemporaries influenced by his teaching who defended Christianity against the excesses of Arminianism. The Five Points, abbreviated as the national flower of Netherlands to signify its country of formation, are detailed as follows…
Total Depravity |
Man’s inability to exercise effective redemption through his own works. The spirit of man is dead and immaculately apart from God.
Unconditional Election |
The sacrifice of Christ cleanses and redeems us from all sins. He foreknew those who will be in his elected people and planned a place for them in His kingdom.
Limited Atonement |
Though Christ died for everyone and His offer of salvation encompasses race, nationality and tribe, not all will come to the saving grace of Christ. Only his elect will enjoy the atonement of sins.
Irresistible Grace |
Once the elect is called into the saving grace of God, he will somehow feel a tugging in his heart to accept Jesus Christ. The testimony of many believers attest to this fact.
Perseverance of the Saints |
The power of the Holy Spirit enacts change in the life of the elect and perseveres in his walk closer to God. Though they may fall and grieve the Holy Spirit for some time, the Spirit’s power in one’s life restores one to fellowship.
As an evangelical, I acknowledge that the life of Christian is being called to the service of God. Layman and clergy (pastor) alike, we all have a responsibility in spreading the gospel of Christ and be the light to the people who have yet to know Him.
My mission and the mission of every Christian is outlined in the Great Commission. The Great Commission is the ultimate mission of every believer of Christ. Matthew 28:18-20 says…
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Alongside obeying the Great Commission, it is my mission to be a catalyst of change which this country and the world needs. In whatever purpose or means, my mission cuts across political, social and cultural strata of society.
My vision is to see every one of my friends and family in the fellowship of Christ’s elect. I wish to establish a foundation that establishes Christian studies centers near major universities of the country to cater to the academic, social and spiritual needs of the youth. The youth has been my passion since I first served in ministry and I want to uplift the spiritual well-being of today’s youth that are in danger of being lost to the materialistic-centered world.