One Bethany Place is located near the national highway where most transit buses from Bacolod to Dumaguete travels through. It’s location offers a good variety of establishments which includes a small tourist attraction of the province’s Sidlakang Negros, the Provincial Hospital strip and the tall Hall of Justice building.
The serene place prides itself as a christian establishment by promoting a non-smoking and liquor site with an accommodation that strictly prohibits among other things. The place is not too crowded and can be a good place to relax.
On another note, the people seems to be complacent when it comes to offering good customer service. Here’s what I think they should improve on based on my first stay in the place:
1. The confirmation and updated pricing of rooms differ from the website, the fliers available onsite and upon discussion with the receptionist over the phone.
2. The people seems to have a lot of load to take in that a smile when you walk-in but I admire the accommodating restaurant people on board during breakfast but should minimize their personal chit-chats that seems to annoy most of the customers.
3. The room costing to almost P 900.00 seems to be above a traveler’s budget cost versus other accommodations in the downtown area although they offer a couple of amenities like shampoos and soap for two.
4. The people should be quick to recommend stuff and offer help when they notice new people coming in. The receptionist put hold the next person in line while the other person was not doing anything.
5. The wi-fi connection is poor even when your room is near the reception area. It often is unseen or has only a bar for signal strength.
Here’s my take on these stuff:
The management should ensure that their people are customer friendly, willing to lend a hand and quick to serve when needed. They need to update their costing in social media sites and should offer a free and wide-range internet connection, with faster speed.
Lastly, I admire the venture’s idea of a good place or community but needs to offer more than what is placed on their site per se. It is quite different from what has been posted and it fails even the expectations of some people. Also, I would like to suggest to turn on their restaurants inner lights early in the morning since it’s dark and people are already coming in for their breakfast.
So, what’s your take on the place?